Monday, May 6, 2013

A Walk Along the Water

The weather has been gorgeous lately.  I finally had some time (and nice weather) to take Parker for his first walk by the water.  There's a walk/bike path in the next town over that usually has plenty of people walking their dogs, so I was hoping Parker could do some schmoozing with other dogs for a change.


As you can see, there weren't many people out today.  But we did meet a few larger dogs.  I think we scared off the pet owners because Parker got overly excited to be with the dogs and they seemed more interested in walking than mingling.


You couldn't ask for a better day.  Not a cloud in the sky, 70 degrees, a beautiful view, and one happy puppy!


I don't think Parker knew what to make of the water.  He got close, but he didn't seem interested in touching it.


This walk did wonders for both of us!  I can't wait until I'm home for the summer, so we can do this more often!  (Just 6 1/2 more weeks of school!  Yes...I'm counting!)

10 comments:

  1. Parker looks like he is in heaven - exploring by the water and I love how he is sitting there posing - or was he exhausted from all the running around? lol Great photos. Glad the beautiful weather is finally hear after that long snowy winter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like he's posing! :) Would love to take a walk with you and the boys by the water soon! It's a beautiful view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woof! Woof! Lovely walk you had. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Y'all!

    What a wonderful and beautiful place you have to walk, Parker!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos and Parker is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Parker was having a great time for sure...Why don't you and Parker join us for Park Day 2.0 and play Park Day Bingo with us? You can read about it here...http://www.terriertorrent.com/2013/05/02/park-day-2-0/

    We'd love to have you play!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks so happy! You should really take him more often :-) Our puppy, Joe, had seen our swimming pool {totally fenced off} for the first time the other day - and guess what he did ?! Jumped in after a frog he had seen ! Fortunately, we watch them very closely when at the pool, and my husband pulled him out quickly, but a minute or two later my daughter's Basset also thought it would be a good idea to go for a swim ! Well, that was it ... took them back to the front - we might take them to the pool again during our Spring {which start in September} and actually teach them how to swim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to take him there during the week. I teach full time, so I usually walk him around the neighborhood when I get home from work. Let me know how it goes in the water! I'd love to see a video of Joe in the water! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous photos of Parker next to the lake! It looks like a beautiful spot for a dog walk.

    ReplyDelete