Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Trip to the Vet

Did you ever get little bumps like these on ya?

Mom & Dad found about 10 of these on me.  They didn't appear all at once, so Mom thought they could be bug bites seeing I've been enjoying the shady grass lately.

To be on the safe side, Mom got on the horn and made an appointment with the Vet so we could check out the situation.  (Mom gets all worried when she reads things on line about "what it could be."  Oy!)

The Vet's office is only 20 minutes away.  I don't really mind going there.  It gives me a chance to sniff and meet a few dogs!

Here I am pacing back and forth in the examination room, while Mom "takes a picture for the blog."  Sheesh!

I like this Vet lady!  She takes the time to talk to me and gives me lots of good rubs and hugs before she starts poking around!

She even let me plant a big wet one on her face! He He!

So what was the diagnosis?

The Vet wasn't worried about the bumps.  She said they were scabbing over, so they were probably bug bites.  They have been slowly disappearing.  Thank Dog!  Cuz Mom's a big worry wart!

17 comments:

  1. Better to be checked ! I'm real glad it is nothing serious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad it was nothing to worry about. I do get them sometimes and they itch. I hope yours don't itch too bad.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I really wasn't too itchy.

      Delete
  3. Glad they were just bug bites Parker. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a very nice vet Parker! Glad you are ok. Just remember, Mom is ALWAYS right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear that they were just nasty bug bites! Have a wagging weekend
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vlad got bumps like that all over him when he was a puppy--and the Mom got upset and was at the vet's office pronto too! He had puppy-acne though--and the vet recommended adding more oil to his food. Vlad started getting coconut oil as well as his fish oil, and the mom would put a dab of coconut oil on the spots every night. He quit scratching at them and they soon disappeared. Now when any kind of skin issue comes up on Vlad or Barkly, she puts a dab of coconut oil on the area and it heals fast--since the lauric acid in coconut oil has antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties.

    If the places itch, ask your mom to get some "extra virgin" coconut oil and put it on them. Info from Dogs Naturally Magazine: http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/the-health-benefits-of-coconut-oil/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great information! Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear they were just bug bites! =)
    He is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We were guessing bug bites too. I don't like to go to the vet. No matter how many treats I get I just want to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by our blog! Glad those things weren't anything serious! Your vet lady looks like she is really nice! Love the last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMP nasty bugs making you go to the vets, your vet lady looks very nice though, i dont like the vets one little bit, they always try to bribe me then stick me with a needle.

    Thank you for joining in with this weeks Smile its Friday, have a pawsome werkend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Parker, thanks for joining the blog hop and welcome!

    Sorry to hear you had to take a trip to the Vet. Sometimes it's just a necessary evil. Sampson had about ten bumps on his head a couple of years ago. I thought they were bug bites but it turned out he was allergic to something that he was sticking his head under. The first time he had it, I assuming it was bug bites didn't call the vet. By the time I did, he had scratched it so much it was infected. Poor guy.

    Anyway, I'm glad to hear that yours are on the mend! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Jodi! Parker didn't itch the spots very much, so that's why I wasn't sure about the bumps. Plus, I'm a new pet Mom and I'm not familiar with skin problems like this. I'm just learning as it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are very glad that the itch spots turned into bug bites and that they are starting to go away! Hooray! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete